What would you do?

lowslowandold

Retro Guru
My old hope mono's need a good service they haven't been done in years, and if them they lose there feel and need bleeding out, and even then still a bit spongey, so I can either get them services at £50 each which includes new seals, and bled ready to go (and think new pads but can't remeber) or buy a set of brakes completely

I like the look of them, but not so much the weight,

Thought and opinions please guys

Liam

Re:

If you're on a budget I'd flog the Hope and buy some Deore's at £70ish for the set instead of spend £100 ( :shock: ) on a service.

If you're not on a budget do the same but buy new Hope.

Very very very good. Plus another very.

Have M615 on two bikes. Work much better than my previous motley collection of Hope, older XTs, Hayes etc.

Bargain.

fagin":1m0kbq6b said:
Very very very good. Plus another very.

Have M615 on two bikes. Work much better than my previous motley collection of Hope, older XTs, Hayes etc.

Bargain.

+1 for the Deore...got a set for £75 front/rear new pads full bled and ready to fit...they are excellent not quite as good as my XTR but a quarter of the price!

As long as you are methodical and take note of where everything goes, you should be able to do both ends of both brakes in an evening.

Worth having a digital camera to hand as you go, especially if you've not done it before.

Latest posts

Back