What were the 'bees knees' of canti brakes in 1994?

Psychle

Retro Guru
Need to source a set of canti's for my 1994 Mojo and want to go for a 'top of the line' option, but, tbh, I don't really know what was 'the best' back then? Can the good folk of Retrobike help me out here? Please? :)

looks or function?

Its all in the angles regards function but looks wise, there was Pauls and many boutique brands.

In '94 I lusted for canti's by Pauls, Grafton, Control tech or Scott SE...

IMO they were the cream of the higher-end crop.. ;) :cool:

darn my memory - 'marcaroni' speed control - sort of V's before V's - was it the same guy who designed those groovey cannondale cranks and cnc FS frames - whats his name -?

Marinovative - that the ones -

What style will your build be ?

I have wide angle shimano's which (I think) look pretty cool set up wide and low but there not exactly boutique ... :? Can post pics if you want :D

WD :D

stuey":1q4n6cal said:
darn my memory - 'marcaroni' speed control - sort of V's before V's - was it the same guy who designed those groovey cannondale cranks and cnc FS frames - whats his name -?

Marinovative - that the ones -

Alex Pong (Magic Motorcycle cranks) and Ben Capron (Marinovative) are two very different people.

Thanks FMJ - its a long time since I saw that red CNC FS master piece in MBA.

- and a quick google still can't refresh my memory - iirc a bit like a san Andreas but lots of CNC and swoops with a large hollow bearing and that beautiful crank - maybe twin legged fork as well ?

Anybody got a pic - it must be 18 years ago?

Edit:
Spender Owyang's Monolith suspension frame - with rebound forks and Magic Motorcycle cranks - not Pongs(?)

Best brakes in 94 were Dia-Compe SS7/987 combo. Still some of the best brakes ever made IMHO.
Mine are still going strong today despite being hammered on my now-deceased Dynatech which served as both means of transport through several scandinavian winters, and as a bike I used offroad when conditions were too muddy to warrant suspension forks.

Latest posts

Back