what was your first 'proper' mountain bike!?

@ lewis those krakatoas were pretty good , i liked mine a lot

my first real mtb was a db topanga ,second was the carrera

My first MTB was a Muddy Fox Courier. Think it would have been '88 or '89. It was the one with the purple fade into white around the headtube. Bio-pace chain rings and Suntour. U brake under the chain stays.

Parents thought i'd grow into it. Would still be 2" too big for me now!

First mtb was a Townsend Beartooth but didnt ride it anywhere serious so first 'Proper' mtb would be my 1996 Edinburgh Bicycle Contour 300 which was very well equipment specced for the time although the frame and forks were nothing special :D

Mine was a 1987 Muddy fox courier , 21" frame :!: a perfect fit for me at 13 :LOL: Loved it though and will probably have to get one again soon.

Red silver fade '93 Kona Hahanna

When i part ex'd it for a '94 Kula the only original parts were frame & wheels :LOL:

umm.. as a kid or 26"?

kid, peugeot mtb... i've still got it :D

26" 1994 Zaskar LE, still got that too. It was my dad's

Mine was a Ridgeback 601ex full exage groupset with chain stay mounted u brake, did loads of miles on it before being bitten by the spec it yourself bug.

mine was a 89 raleigh massif :D i bought another one a year ago to replace it as i loved that bike :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Me & My Nana & my Sm400 back in about 87 or something

Nana is starting to look a bit like Yoda these days :LOL:

16072009117.jpg

Gc

1996 Cannondale M200 SE :cool:
bought for Xmas that year by Mum&Dad.
I upgraded to a sus fork and Xt mechs with stx-rc rapidfire.Exage chainset if i remember correctly :?

Attachments

• m200 (Large).JPG
    m200 (Large).JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 2,040
Back