what to do with 2001 gt zaskar

RDM

Dirt Disciple
so just got a replacement Zaskar frame. away for vapour cleaning this week, then off to be ball burnished next week. question is, do I go down period correct / nos build or go new and fit with new build parts etc. cant decide what to do. bike will be a keeper. both appeal at the moment but may wait until the frame is back before deciding. just need to start buying parts. going to keep my old merlin and get the frame repaired.

As it's 2001 it's not super retro, but I'm glad you are polishing it, It'll never be older than 2001 even if it looks classic so I'd take advantage of sitting on the retro-fence, best of new and old. Many components are still not too modern so there should be some options, middleburn, pauls etc, I'd work from teh parts you know you want on it, forks, gearing etc, potential a capable a versatile bike with a bit classic charm...

Re:

think that will be the plan. build list I have in mind is pace rc31 forks, then full hope bb, headset, wheels, brakes etc for a nice little lightweight ride. will only be for going through the park / woods with my little girl. nothing extreme, just a nice looking bike.

Funny I had RC31 in mind too, though it would take some bounce too. Sounds like the right direction, get some pics up on a readers ride, I quite fancy some exotic GT action myself, though my '92 Avalanch might not get done yet.

Re:

quick update. no pics yet as still in progress. taken a slightly different route than planned. stripped the z2 bam forks I had. these are now being mirror polished. got a Thomson seat post, stem and carbon bars. black CK headset. may be going single speed so have white industries eccentric eno hubs ready to build up. pics to follow soon as it takes shape.

Back