What Kona is this?

shanghai_tim

Dirt Disciple
I just picked up a bike off auction. It was a BIN and I didn't want to miss out on a potentially good buy so I pulled the trigger (a little impulsive). Can anyone help me identify the model and year? The seller states it's a 1993 model but I don't have the serial number. I can post the serial number later when I get the bike. The seller was selling for a friend and he didn't know the model.

In the meantime, any information would be appreciated.

Since this is my first posting, this forum will not allow me to directly post a link until I have one posting under my belt.

I bought it off a US auction site, item # 370045227009. Sorry for making this difficult.

Thanks.

I'm no kona expert so can't help you with the make. Nice bike with lovely set of parts though. Think that was a good deal.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that the first two numbers after the 'F' are the model year.

Definitely not a 1993 - two obvious reasons, aluminum frames were not in the 1993 range, 1993 bikes all had dia compe brakes, with the exception of the Hei Hei, which this is obviously not. Probably a Kula, originally looked like this:

http://www.konaretro.com/articles/catal ... 994/10.jpg

but might be an AA as spec does not match catalogue for either bike.

Whatever it is it was worth the asking just for the XTR and the fork.

Can anyone give me a proper picture link? I'm too stupid to work it out from the above... :oops:

Xesh":338kx2j6 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that the first two numbers after the 'F' are the model year.
Well, I shall correct you, but you're not very wrong!

The 9 in 94 in fact means something else (don't know what), while the 4 relates to the year of manufacture, not the model year. So this bike could be from the model year 94 or 95.

But even if the frame number was 74 it could still be a 94 or a 95

Back