What is the weight of a 26'' inner tube

bjellys

Retro Guru
I am just restoring a 1982 Peugeot Pipeline 5 American Cruiser and have removed the tyres and tubes .The inner tubes are original American made and are thicker than a modern day tyre I put one on the scales and it works out that 2 inner tubes are 1524 grams or 3.359 lbs.

Attachments

• inner tube.jpg
    inner tube.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 398
  • retro peugeot.jpg
    retro peugeot.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 402
Re:

About 180-200g for a 26 x 2 inner tube. The Maxxis Ultralight are about 145g IIRC.

762g . . . :shock:

Wow. That's tyre weight almost! Were they used in a circus as part of an act entitled " driving over a bed of nails"!

Easily under 200g . I use continentals which are around 120g a go and about a fiver.

Re:

Depends how hard you’ve pumped them up, and if you used vintage air or not.

Kult air even better, but difficult to find now

They are in proportion to the bike I can hardly lift it up the repair stand groans when I put the bike on it.

Re:

bjellys":n4gnrh7w said:
They are in proportion to the bike I can hardly lift it up the repair stand groans when I put the bike on it.
Got a trolley jack? ;)

Tootyred":n4gnrh7w said:
Wow. That's tyre weight almost! Were they used in a circus as part of an act entitled " driving over a bed of nails"!

Easily under 200g . I use continentals which are around 120g a go and about a fiver.
I went searching for those. Are you sure they aren't road bike inner tubes? https://blobs.continental-tires.com/www ... d-data.png :?:

That is the heaviest inner tube I have ever seen, you don´t need tires :LOL:

My Rocket ron + tubolito weight less than that inner tube. 535gr of the 2.2" + 78gr = 613 gr :shock:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 234
Back