What is it? Any ideas?

i seem to remember these being sold thru a car dealership ,with
car manufacturer branding , think ford or vauxhall or maybee honda
tho honda had the gt tie in at one point
need to rake the brain cells , or late 90's mbuk's

not sure what they were taking at GT, but seeing the Daewoo inspired me to buy and build my GT

Attachments

• GT 6.jpg
    GT 6.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,262
I like that! Looks like it might actually be a Genius rather than a Genesis. Google brings up:
SN856937.JPG

44789-daewoo-genius-bike.png

yellowbike_lg.jpg

And a rather shoddy Daewoobicycles website:
Welcome to the cycling world of DAEWOO. A name that may be new to you. We have grown to be the largest industrial company in the world in less than 30 years. We make everything from trains, aeroplanes, to cars and come to that, virtually every other type of wheel based vehicle. Our breadth of expertise shows in our bicycles range which has been tailored to meet your cycling needs.

QUALITY, INNOVATION, DESIGN, VALUE FOR MONEY. THIS IS OUR PROMISE!

DAEWOO Biciclette Via Bolzani, 152/A - Strada Battaglia - 35020 ALBIGNASEGO (PD)
Tel. (+39)049/8869356 - Fax (+39)049/8862812 - E-mail: dbi@daewoobicycles.com

100_2253_ridimensionare_565551.JPG

Looks like the Italians are involved somehow, but is that a Union Jack on the folder? It came from an Italian classified site.

the bare ally ones have gussets and non integrated seatpost clamps though amd just look to be better made than the painted ones.

on the one i seen it had a plate between the rear stays with the daewoo logo lazer etched or whatever ino it

they had a bit of a splurge around 99/2000/1 or so
genius was the model ,that looks like a steel frame tho
pretty sure there was some stuff in the bike press at the time
if i get a chance i'll have a look see

but dont hold your breath

i'm fairly sure someone was making these bikes before dae-who got their name on it.
it may have even been called a genesis
they were quite a nice one and well specced too for the time

*edit
mikee":2bjqa2a7 said:
genius was the model
i was on FB chat while typing my reply and got distracted for a few minutes, you beat me :)

mountainloz":2e59xld7 said:
i'm fairly sure someone was making these bikes before dae-who got their name on it.
it may have even been called a genesis
they were quite a nice one and well specced too for the time

*edit
mikee":2e59xld7 said:
genius was the model
i was on FB chat while typing my reply and got distracted for a few minutes, you beat me :)
See, what's that telling you?

Facebook is the work of Keyser Soze.

see thats the story i half remember, the bike was already in production then Daewoo got the same bike and put there name on it

Latest posts

Back