What is it? Any ideas?

jetpacjimmy

Dirt Disciple
I found this lying on the street looking sorry for it's self over a year ago and it has lived under a tarp in my garden ever since.

IMG_0960.jpg

I thought it was just an old crapper but on closer inspection it had some fairly nice looking deore XT bits on it, welds were tidy and someone obviously cared for it at one point.

It has a Specialized crank, but I'm pretty sure it's not a Specialized, don't know where to start really so I thought I'd ask you good folks.

Any thorts?

That looks just like the Daewoo genisis thingy a mate of mine had in around '97 , he'd put quadra 21's on his and upgraded the original altus bits to stx-rc

... this isn't his one but i'm pretty sure it's same frame

Attachments

• 47240415.jpg
    47240415.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,564
Well that's a surprise, looks just like it. Who knew daewoo made bikes? well you obviously! cheers mate, will probably save it in the not too distant as a pub bike.

I would agree it is a Daewoo, I spotted one in london which actually made me cross the road and then take a picture, the one i saw had been upgraded to a very decent spec also or at least it had decent xt parts, and the frame looked to be of high quality construction and it had Daewoo stamped on a plate at the back. welds were all pretty and nicely done

I have seen other daweoo genesis which are painted and dont seem to be of the same quality IMO although similar in shape. I also read somewhere that some of the Daewoo frames were made by someone else for Daewoo

I suspect all the daewoo frames were made by some one on their behalf. Like many car linked bike brands, its not the car factories churning them out, it is usually a branding job.

Mercedes-Amp
Aston Martin- Roberts
Lotus- British Eagle

etc etc.

The Daewoo frame likely came out of a far east factory to a design that may or may not of been originally developed for/by Daewoo. It could make a good pub bike.

yeah but it was something along the lines of made by the same people who made something decent at the same factory type thing and is in fact a decent frame type thing if you know what i mean

found the pic i took, seems somone one had found the frame well worth investing in by putting decent kit on

Attachments

• daewoo.jpg
    daewoo.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 1,475
Back