What haz I here then?

wackywacerwill

Dirt Disciple
I have recently 'won' this Raleigh. It's 501 tubing so not top spec, does anyone know owt about it?

KGrHqIOKnEE4-2Gw0QLBOYojZpFGw60_12.jpg

Not a great pic I know, it's all I have till I pick up the bike, hopefully tomorrow :D

Yes, def a Raleigh Criterium. I lusted after one of these in my LBS window back in the day. Seem to recall it was top of the range of the Raleigh "normal" race range i.e. before it went up to the Leightwieght range - 531s etc.

muppetman":30g5gaf1 said:
Yes, def a Raleigh Criterium. I lusted after one of these in my LBS window back in the day. Seem to recall it was top of the range of the Raleigh "normal" race range i.e. before it went up to the Leightwieght range - 531s etc.

I remember the Criterium - position in the range was much as you say. Provision for an extra water bottle set it above the other 501-framed sports bikes like the Record Sprint.

David

Right yous are. Picked it up tonight from Kings Cross and a Criterium it certainly is. To my largely uneducated eye it looks largely standard apart from a chrome (heavy) front wheel and a tasty white saddle.

V happy, you bet :D

Old Ned":1uitkqih said:
Try Planet X, Schwalbe Blizzard at £5.99?

If they've still got any that is!

Great tip off, sadly to late. Couple of pairs of yellows floating about at that price but I feel the need for white on this one.

Back