what have you learned from retrobike?

erolorhun":3302ms8o said:
People who are dibbers. Doesn`t mean a GDT to me, you pay and then you own it.

this. the only "dib" i formally accept is money in my paypal account.

if you dib "pending pictures" or whatever, i reserve the right to sell to someone who's prepared to buy based on the ad

I've learnt to live with that stomach tightening feeling as the CC bill land on the doormat....!

Seriously though, I'm much better at reasoning which kit will go well with what...

....that bikes I considered from just a few years back are actually "retro" now! Damn my 37 years guess that makes me retro too!

Wook

One more thing I have learnt from my years on Retrobike is that the most sure-fire way of finding that elusive part you are looking for is to buy something else "that will have to do instead" when you have given up on it ever coming up for sale.

You are then guaranteed to find the exact part you are looking for within 48 hours, but alas you have just spent the money on the next best thing.....

That when you are skint lots of lovely stuff or stuff you need pops up for sale at silly prices.

When you are not skint you can't find anything you are after.

I learned that i still can't afford the bike bits i could't afford bitd.
I learned that what pleases me eyes still looks pretty ugly to most guys just like bitd.
I learned that getting back into a hobby from bitd can give you quite a bit of peace of mind.
As someone living in Germany i learned a lot about the UK. Getting to know chaps on this forum is better gives me a much clearer understanding about the UK than reading any tourist guide about the spirit of UK.
When my bike is finished i will be right there at Mountain Mayhem...2014 i guess.
Retrobike Love.

Back