what have you learned from retrobike?

Aside from a lot of the comments already made:

Not all of my builds need to look as new as the day each component was packaged up for sale (well I say I've learned, which is true, but drumming it out of me has proven more difficult)

What NOS means (the words and the cost)

I want more bikes and components that I have neither the space, money or need for, but it won't stop me from trying.

REKIBorter":38glqs60 said:
A Parkpre will never win BOTM.

You're Sledgehammer was on my short list. Got a soft spot for Salsas, though.

Good friends are hard to find but when you find them they are Retrobikers too.

The guy I ride with most of the time has been riding moto with me for 35 years. I got him on a RM Equipe then a KHS FSX LT about 15 years ago.

Beer and bikes mix.

This is the T-shirt I wore to work today (finally, a use for that front facing camera).

799e1e7f.jpg

i learnt a lot but the main ones are

1. Retrobiker's 99.9% of the tme make great mates

2. The for sale forum will course an addiction and divorce no matter how much you try not too look

3. There is always someone who knows exactly how to fix or service the bits your unsure on

4. How to professionally and grown uply ignore key board warriors and numpty's

5. John is always right and do not upset the GUVNOR :D :D :D

To have respect for all those around me, no matter how much i think i know, I cant possibly know it all......!!!

To Find a woman that loves bikes as much as you do. (if not your fucked...lol)

To stay away from the for sale section, and ebay marketplace....lol.

For me, its a great place to spend time away from the stresses and strains of everyday life, and immerse my self in the memories of the best time of my life,

Every memory, every advert, every mag review, every bike, every build...is a journey, it will never end, its a love that grows in the Soul, and every day a little more Soul is found,

because of all the above and the Good friends you make along the way........

and this is simply Retro Bike.

Respect.

that spurs on the fact that every snap shot you have in your head of a magazine page IS useful

and the fact that no old mtb is uninteresting

That no matter how many times you try to explain why you need that handlebar/fork/hub the wife will never understand

Also that bikes bitd were much more fun than new bikes are today

loads of stuff already mentioned about bikes that i would second.....most important to me though is that in an age where the internet is regarded with suspicion, and as a lair for odd people, if the right idea arises, and is executed in the right way, it can be a wholly positive force.....well done men....long live rb!.... :D

Back