What goes with purple?

Yog Sothoth

Retro Guru
I bought this steel hardtail frame recently. Lovely thing, in a sort of electric deep purple colour.

My immediate thought was 'Buy purple bits!' and to that end, I've bought an ano stem, purple and gold CNC jockeys, purple ano bar ends and even some purple bolts (crank and bottle cage ones).

Then I thought 'need some contrast!', so I bought a DDG yellow saddle (this is an early 90s frame!) and I'm looking at a few other yellow bits.

As a man, I obviously don't have the colour matching gene, other than the obvious choice of complementary colours (like yellow and purple).

So, what else goes with purple?

I bought some grips that when they arrived, are actually more pink than purple, so on a whim, I also bought some pink tyres! Hmmm.

I'm not gay by the way.

Purple always goes well wi purple ;) - strangely enough you aint on your own with the whole purple frame with some gold & purple bits and a bit of yellow, yellow Judy SL's and yellow control stem eventually to match the K decal on the seat tube and gold spoke nipples when the wheels get built up.

DSCF2394-1.jpg

I aint gay either :LOL:

RBG

I'm not gay by the way.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I have a Purple kona and have not added any other colour (black and silver)- bland but safe.

pics would be nice.

My Giant ATX was a dark Purple, it looked best when it had the Rockshox Quadra 21Rs on it (yellow), but then it looked good with a set of Judy DHs and a red stem too.

I would go for either purple, yellow or gold, but don't mix it up too much, but is to keep the number of colours to a minimum.

my new project is black/grey with a dash of anodised blue.

Caustic Soda goes very well with purple, or it did last night as I got rid of the hideous colour from the dropouts of my Ozone. All gone now, no purple left on it at all, hooray!

Back