What frames do Spin wheels look at home on?

Spin wheels on a GT RTS is the best combo if you ask me. I think my cro mega looks better on spokes.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 3,738
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 3,738
The only bike they look "right" on to me is the burnished GT RTS Team:

5TsFS.jpg

Possibly because the mags were full of ads showing this bike BITD, and that's all I ever saw them on.

Yep, they do look good with the Ball burnished GT's, they went exceptionally well with the Zaskars. In 94 they where offered as optional extras to RTS Team, RTS Ones & Zaskars , I think. Didn't Hans Rey have a Purple Zaskar le with Spins on, looked top.
I like the way color of the braking surface of the rim, the black of the Thermo & the skinwall of the tyres all tie in with the frame & the decals. It all complements each other very well. Also the thickness of the Tri spokes make the frame look beefier.

Here is my recently restored ´94 RTS Team. I´ve tried to make it look as similar as pictured on this year´s catalogue.

There are some bikes on which these wheels look nice, but I think the best and "original" ones are the RTS´s and latest STS´s...

Cheers

Josh

Attachments

• RTS Team2.jpg
    RTS Team2.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 3,362
  • RTS Team1.jpg
    RTS Team1.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 3,361
They look good on a period specced LTS, STS, RTS, Y-bike. They look crap on anything else and particularly crap on spraybombed, Fredded out mashup bikes.

Re:

defconfunk":11kb4h2y said:
For some reason I link Spins with GT's but I think that's from a playstation game that GT had?

hans rey rode with a spin wheel a few times, as did mike king, so theres deffo a GT team/spin wheel association there.

Spin Wheels in Avitar

I was so excited when I spotted theses!

Attachments

• 9ca0c74f473545cad199fccdc3dd4031.png
    9ca0c74f473545cad199fccdc3dd4031.png
    143 KB · Views: 90
Re:

was8v":3b5g6lms said:
The only bike they look "right" on to me is the burnished GT RTS Team:

5TsFS.jpg

Possibly because the mags were full of ads showing this bike BITD, and that's all I ever saw them on.

I thought the “Team” models were the highest spec, according to that the RTS team comes with STX. Is that right??

Not exactly spin but Spinergy. I always remember this when I see any spin 3 spokes or this 4 spokes:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 53

Latest posts

Back