What frames do Spin wheels look at home on?

Re: Re:

Freddyman90":2e4dguuh said:
was8v":2e4dguuh said:
The only bike they look "right" on to me is the burnished GT RTS Team:

5TsFS.jpg

Possibly because the mags were full of ads showing this bike BITD, and that's all I ever saw them on.

I thought the “Team” models were the highest spec, according to that the RTS team comes with STX. Is that right??

should read XTR

Re:

Running with the GT theme, my retro mod team RTS looks pretty nice with them and some nos 32mm sid world cups (race lowers to get the v mounts). Always thought the mags looked spindly and weedy.

Would love a disc set for my other RTS which I've had converted to disc only at the rear and also bearings instead of bushings.

Attachments

• PSX_20210218_182357.jpg
    PSX_20210218_182357.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 113
Re:

Sadly don't have a photo but we ran a pair of Spins on a Cannondale Super V back in the late 90's. It was an original Super V with the single fabricated ali swing arm. It did look good but not the best of rides. I think the wheels suit any of the monocoque or chunky full suspension frames. Like a San Andreas or Foes.

Re:

I hate marmite but love Spins. Running Spins on my koi mantra race, and I'm always getting comments wherever I go with it :cool:
I'll take a pic tomorrow and upload it to here.

Re:

Best be careful, Mantra & Spins in the same sentence :LOL:
I'll be burned at the stake :shock:

Heretic, witch, burn him ,burn him :LOL: :LOL: ;) :D

My Trek... It made Gil_m stop and look out of his little woodland hut in Dalby :D

Attachments

• Trek Y-50 Dark Tribute (1).jpg
    Trek Y-50 Dark Tribute (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
Ball Burnished 18" Team RTS with Spins FTW (See Catalog Pic Above). Period. Done. Peachy's Trek looks amazing too. The STS (Thermo) and LTS (Ball Burnished and White) look amazing too. Spin's pretty much compliment most any ball burnished fine polished or carbon + super spec'd out rig from the era. They were slightly heavier than average, made a unique whoosh noise at speed but the fact that they were relatively maintenance free and stood the test of time over the decades is something to admire. Yes, the braking surfaces wear down especially on the ceramic coated rims and they also lacked disc mounts with the exception of a few disc-compatible hubs.

Amazing wheels, bikes and times especially if you're from the era and loved GT, Julie, Richie, Hans, Lopes, Gary T and Gary F, Tinker, Tomac and read MTBA while taking phat dumps wishing you had the $2500+ (that's $25 million in 2021 adjusted for inflation) for a polished rig with Spins. This era played a huge role in pushing MTB to what we have today. Vast majority of the company's (and/or the founders of the new one's) found their love for MTB during this time (80's and 90's). Respect.

Back