What do you hate seeing on a gorgeous retro bike?

jonnyboy666":34ye8elf said:
not being able to justify your build, i know you shouldn't necessarily have to but if someone does come along and asks 'why did you do that?' then you should beable to defend the reasons for your choices.

I agree. I think a good story is an excellent addition to any build... retro or modern. Why do you like the bike/frame/parts? What is your vision when putting it together? Was it something you lusted after BITD? Did someone steal it at some point and you want to rebuild or re-create it? Have you owned it for 30 years and it needs a refresh?

jamabikes":3qfdmghd said:
pic of 'all that is evil'

Hahah.

I love that.

It really is absolutely everything that's been outed here as 'wrong'. So totally wrong that it's perfect.

It makes me laugh... out loud.

My wife is looking at me funny.

Russell":1y41fgl7 said:
jamabikes":1y41fgl7 said:
pic of 'all that is evil'

Hahah.

I love that.

It really is absolutely everything that's been outed here as 'wrong'. So totally wrong that it's perfect.

It makes me laugh... out loud.

My wife is looking at me funny.

my work here is done.

oh and at least your wife looks at you.

she wont look at me.

girlonbike":1q9ogyhy said:
halaburt":1q9ogyhy said:
Owners trying too hard to make a size S or M frame work for their size L or XL bodies.

Yes, so annoying when those L or XL people buy small bikes....or vice versa. ;)

I agree. Small frames with very very long seatpost. I thing that everybody love small bikes, and XL bodies are jealous. So… They create 29" for getting small bikes :LOL:

jamabikes said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
006-7.jpg

Saddle and Brake Pads are not a matching colour. :roll:

;)

Bontrager Factory single speed:

234277STYFF_wholebike.jpg

John Tomac kicking everybodys ass with 'roadie' bars on an MTB:

wpid-Johnny_drop_jump.jpg

y'all are moaning about the things you hate seeing on retro bikes, like these old things are somehow untouchable, like you are deifying perfectly ordinary inanimate objects. On the whole, they just bikes innit.

jamabikes":osk58m7s said:
all this "ooh i dont like bar ends at a funny angle blah blah blah" man just chill and ride more.

Couldn't agree more but this thread was titled "What do you hate seeing on a gorgeous retro bike?" so just thought I'd get with the spirit. :D :D

In reality I don't give a monkeys and these are only our individual views. One person's dream bike is another persons tat. As long as you love it, who cares. :)

Russell":osk58m7s said:
Try racing your '96 bike at either the OWMTBC or the retro class of the Brighton Big Dog and see if they'll let you.

If they won't let the Zaskar in, I don't want to know 'em anyway. ;)

I can own up to doing most of the things on the list.. Besides wearing a speedo.. :LOL:

End of the day it's down to what the rider likes. Surprised no ones said seeing a kid on a retro bike!

Back