What do i do

al":338xkeip said:
Shimano! never heard of it.

Is it like Mechano?

No.

Mechano stuff is all inter-compatible. You can mix new Mechano with stuff that was made before the war. Shimano is the complete opposite, built in obsolesence.

You can also use a Mamod steam engine (with meths or solid fuel burner) to animate your Mechano creations. Try fitting one of those to your XTR drive train.

You know everthing there is to know about everthing!!

Tom Ritchey used to be my bike hero, now it's you.

Al. :D

I'm just a pipe smoking, cardigan wearing, bearded, angry old man, trapped in a young chap's body, that just knows about things like Mechano and steam engines, proper things that made the empire what it was!

When did you ever see a Shimano advert in your Boy's Own Annual and dream about having their latest rear mech in your stocking come Chrismas then have to run downstairs feigning gratitude for the satsuma that Santa left in there before having to listen to the King's speech on the wireless...

:LOL: i am a grumpy old man with a beard and a cardy too. What are the chances! :LOL:

Al, shimano free since 93! well since 2000, but it doesn't rhyme. ;)

Sorry for going off topic. :oops: I'll be cut off one day. :roll:

i believe in fixies":b82wk1cq said:
I'm just a pipe smoking, cardigan wearing, bearded, angry old man, trapped in a young chap's body, that just knows about things like Mechano and steam engines, proper things that made the empire what it was!

When did you ever see a Shimano advert in your Boy's Own Annual and dream about having their latest rear mech in your stocking come Chrismas then have to run downstairs feigning gratitude for the satsuma that Santa left in there before having to listen to the King's speech on the wireless...
You might know about things like "Mechano"........But you can't spell it !........I know, because I had a MECCANO set when I was a little boy.....now I'm a big Smart-Arse....... ;)

Back