What didn't you know about Retrobikes that you now do?

Main thing i suppose is history. For me it was racer, racer with cow horns, Raleigh bomber then mtb, i just thought that was the same for everyone. Growing up in essex meant not much off roading really. It wasnt until i moved oop north that i started needing mtb's for greater off road adventures. And as others have said, i mainly rode, visited local bike shops, which didnt stock much more than fred salmon type parts, and read mtb mountain bike action, where the fancy american brands hung out.

So, the history of things like Kona/Brodie/RM and british bike builders i have all learnt from here. Repack type things i knew from downhilling.

Also great little tips and tricks and of course maintenence of really obscure parts, like forks, its all here :cool:

That people like legrandefromage even existed.

I kill me.

Started riding with the guys from a local(ish) shop in 93. The place did Mountain Cycle, Yeti, Dekerf, Mountain Goat, Dean, Klein, Conejo, Foes, King, Grafton, Ringle, Paul. Pretty much anything worth mentioning was hanging on the wall or in the glass cases. My wallet still has occasional seizures to this day.

FMJ":3gafbqwx said:
That people like legrandefromage even existed.

I kill me.

Started riding with the guys from a local(ish) shop in 93. The place did Mountain Cycle, Yeti, Dekerf, Mountain Goat, Dean, Klein, Conejo, Foes, King, Grafton, Ringle, Paul. Pretty much anything worth mentioning was hanging on the wall or in the glass cases. My wallet still has occasional seizures to this day.

I remember you guys from the Ocup DH races, I raced againtst Juice on his Balfa if my foggy memory has that right. What was the shop name?

edit: Trailblazers?

Jus @ Trail Blazers

49250022496_063eaf4709_b.jpg

The Bobo. It folded up like a cheap suit at the Beaver Valley Downhill Days race a couple of weeks later. No idea why. It was a mystery.

49249580913_daaedca4f8_b.jpg

I knew of nothing above my longed for muddy fox explorer and the odd marin in sexy zolatone. Always had bikes though. Was more of a road bike packer. All this history and availability tuner me on to it again just before joining the Merry rb band.

Latest posts

Back