What components for Sunn UN 99?

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok so I have bought a nice Black and white (possibly blue from pic's) 1999 Sunn Totall UN softail with white obsys forks (slightly later model)

I'm in no rush but you know what it's like, stuff pops up and you grab it.

Anyhoo so I have gone and bought a rear wheel with Black Sachs Centera hub and Black Rigida Rim (originally from a Sunn of some sort) and am trying to get hold of a matching front for it too; I also have a nice white RaceFace stem too, but what about the other bits?

I have looked at getting Sachs Centera mechs/shifters etc to match the hubs but know nothing about these. I won a front mech on ebay that is not quite the right type for the frame but it was cheap but looks very very low end and not great quality. I think the bike would have been specced with SRAM X7 9 speed or LX 9 speed, maybe with 2x9 drivetrain. As you can tell from my purchases so far I'm not too fussed about being entirely true to spec, and am considering whether to build it up as a snow bike now so it may be driven by that idea.

To make it more complicated the rear wheel came with a 9 speed LX cassette already on it which is in great nick but I really don't get on well with the blue colour of that groupset (M570).

So throw whatever comes into your head into the pot please to help me out as I really don't know which way to go.

Cheers

Yes I have looked at this but the details is not really there I don't think.

No pic's as not in my posession but will collect pic's of what I have bought and post.

I had thought of Magura brakes White or black but they are expensive, and contemplated white RF Turbine cranks but the same applies.

It's mainly the gearing components that I can't seem to decide about, Sachs Centera or Shimano LX (or something completely different).

My 98 Total came with a mix of SRAM and Shimano but I'm using all XT on it, it started as just an upgrade idea but then realised it really suited the brushed steel frame. Also it is more delicate looking than SRAM and Raceface so suits the skinny tubes.

i know one thing that would look cool - white seat post (fsa?) then obsys fork of course and black turbines.. coolest would be cranks with same color as upper tubes.. all other parts not that biggi.. personally i treat all my sunns as werewolfs, as little silver as possible

Back