What are your retro bike plans for 2024.

Having accumulated a lot of stuff over the years, I need to rationalise and be brutal about what I should keep, then sell the rest. I enjoy fettling bikes and builds but the lack of space is prohibitive, and losing my garage from tomorrow is only making that more of a problem. I should really get my retro collection down to my team RTS plus 2, and a couple of modern bikes, but that seems unrealistic with what I currently have stashed away, so maybe aiming for single figures by the summer would be perfect (not including family bikes here).

Then riding to work and taking in a longer route home to boost fitness and have some time to think and take in the countryside while doing so. Hopefully leading on to other weekend rides.

I like the idea of the longer ride home...something I've never had the luxury of doing due to my location for work. But that has changed, so its now very much on the cards...possibly when it gets a bit warmer!

@ishaw are you getting a replacement for the garage or is it gone permanently!

So what projects / things are you planning to start / finish / do in 2024?
- Eventually finish the second (or was it first) '93 RM Altitude into a commuter, or at least ridable.
- Sort the PACE out to make it comfy even though they are still shite bikes,
- build the BE BOSS estay even though it's way too small, just because,
- build the boingy thing, 98ish Marin whatsit forgotten the model, top end orange swingarm, just because I have an air shock for it, though that era of boingy interest has past on this forum and the frame has been hanging up for years.
- Get rid of all the kids old islabikes and anything too small for them now, given one rides a trike and the other is taller than me.
- Sort out the suspension forks and the RF shifter I collected to fix.

- Maybe, put another activity on Strava since mid 2022
- Find somewhere to work I can commute cycle too, I enjoyed that.

Is it going to be the year you finally find the long lost back of the shed?
No

Massive sale of goods or go on a buying spree?
No

Are you finally going to push the button on that repro dogs bollox frame from Winston?
I think I missed this 'thing'

Will you go racing for the first time?
No because I've raced before, even if before was in the early 90s ;-)

Retrobike touring?
Sounds good, never managed to a few years back, everyone doing that has stopped biking though.

Or just build those 26 frames up into usable bikes?
Usable, actually build them. hahahahaha

Why not make your new years commitment here and start the ball rolling.
Nope that's a stupid idea.

I like the idea of the longer ride home...something I've never had the luxury of doing due to my location for work. But that has changed, so its now very much on the cards...possibly when it gets a bit warmer!

@ishaw are you getting a replacement for the garage or is it gone permanently!
Thankfully no, I've had a nice shed built built, but I stupidly filled it with more stuff rather than move in what I had. Two into one doesn't go, well not if I want space to do things.

Back