What’s going on here??…

ferrus

Breezer Fan
Feedback
View
Every day I look on eBay for derailleurs for my collection using various search terms and criteria. This overpriced mech frequently tops the results despite having no relevance at all. For instance when I search ‘Sanko derailleur’ in order of ‘newly listed’, there it is at the top.
Note - the date it was first listed, 01 Feb is NOT 2024, it’s 2023!! - yet it’s appeared ahead of other more recent listings for ‘ancien derailleur’ etc…
Why is it getting such priority treatment ??

Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
From Portugal, perhaps it is associated with a certain search a lot over there. I do not sell on eBay but could he be paying to have his ad shown in certain places?

It does seem something like that Jan
Again, ‘Simplex derailleur’ (Best Match) - there it is..

Apparently “1 other person has this in their basket”. Of course they do.

Last edited:
Unsure what device you are using, though open up a new "Private Browser" or in "Incognito mode" - open up eBay, though don't log in - then do your search again! - my guess it wont be there!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Probably more intended to prompt potential buyers into action.

I found this in my basket the other day! I’d been showing a mate how expensive speaker cable could be and he’d clicked on it ‘by accident’ :
Gee lucky he did not click "Pay Now" ;)

Unsure what device you are using, though open up a new "Private Browser" or in "Incognito mode" - open up eBay, though don't log in - then do your search again! - my guess it wont be there!
You’re probably right. I might give it a go if it’s not beyond my super-dim capacity!

You’re probably right. I might give it a go if it’s not beyond my super-dim capacity!
You will hae a "cookie" on yer browser! Try what I suggested and if the advert does not come up in "Private Browsing" I can suggest a few things to do.

I’ll give that a go in a mo’
It’s still there when I’m signed out of eBay and have cleared my History (which I thought cleared cookies? - but eBay still retains “related” searches eg Syncros stem, Thomson stem…)

Back