Well, I just realised I have a problem.....

The Model Citizen

Dirt Disciple
My name is Richard and I have just realised that I have a retrobike addiction.

So far the collection includes:
'97 Proflex 857
GT LTS 1 (98 I think)
GT LTS 2000 (year to be determined)
'98 Giant MCM 980
'02 Interloc (IRD) Tempest 851 Hardtail (my daily rider)

Currently in Melbourne but soon moving to Abergavenny, SE Wales.

Wasn't able to put up a pic on my first post so here's a shot of the most recent arrival, the 980

4780046380_f1c5851069_b.jpg

Well, I suppose I could've kept the original carbon print seat and post on it today and worn the print off in the today's wet and muddy conditions here but, hey, I wanted to go for a ride and not ruin the unobtainium bits.

The Model Citizen":3ie9esxk said:
My name is Richard and I have just realised that I have a retrobike addiction.
We are a lot with this problem :D
The bigger problem is to be understood by our wifes :LOL:

Both the GT's and the Proflex and getting pieced together at the moment as, with only a couple of months from moving country I have to get myself organised. Which, of course, means pulling my bikes to bits and rebuilding them in a slightly different order. :roll:

Why the move? My wife wants to go home, I want a change, free house (initially anyway), stuck in a rut here with no career prospects. I'm also a bad example of an Australian, I hate the beach (give me the bush anytime) and we're both sick of summers consisting of 46 deg C days. We hate living in the burbs so live on the outskirts of Melbourne, 10mins pedal from the Commonwealth Games MTB track, but that means bush fire risk. We nearly got burnt out last year. Just not a happy situation at the moment I suppose.

Looks way more modern than '98 (to me.. ), interesting looking beast :cool: not my bag but hey.. not my bike either ;)

Good luck with the move fella.. hope S.Wales isn't too much of a shock to the system :cool:

Back