Weird looking bike on eBay

i mean this is the type of bike you buy with two intentions
1) its a cool showpiece if you have some presentation of bikes to show off to others
2) you get one for dirt cheap and dont care if it breaks, ride it until the carbon shatters, lets you ride a unique design without care on how it ends

theres gotta be one of these in a museum somewhere already, no point in presenting another one, like all the trek Y carbon things out there, theres a bunch of really nice ones in a museum for appreciation, but if you find one for $100 you just ride it until it breaks

At 250 it's fun.
At 1200 it's foolish.
those Bikes are no rarity in DACH region, you do often get similar ones at classifieds even for 150€ or less
better don't waste a lot of money...

This particular bike was even new not more expensive as the price of the one at ebay. It's also not a collector item as the have sold thousands...
As I have seen a few beeing used meanwhile as daily bike to get to the railway station, I wouldn't be concerned about durability at all.

The bike itself was back in time quite innovative, but never turned to an very cool must-have.
The design but also technical concept was done from Arrow, a brand belonging to the bike company Villiger, together with some scientists from ETH University Zurich.
1000035906.jpg

To me, this even builds on the basis of earlier research activities and the very iconic prototypes Butch Gaudi's MTB Cycletech has done with the ETH a year or two earlier.
1000035907.jpg

Just look at the rear triangle, in particular the dropouts and the quite big "horst-link".

Last edited:
Back