Wanted: Raleigh GT250

knowthejo

Senior Retro Guru
So, found out the bike my grand-dad used to ride, so thought it would be a nice project to build one up.

It was a Raleigh GT250.

If anyone has one, knows of one, or knows about them- please let me know.

Below is a news paper cutting i just found in his papers:

5235428611_cff8822bc6_b.jpg
[/img]

:D Certainly some similarity- whats the serial number on the sturmey archer- that should tell me the year. Ta

sorry where is no on hub the only numbers i can work out are a 7 next to an 8 on non drive side just past where it says sturmey archer and then in line wiv that on drive side another 7 hope this helps if not let me know where to look cheers .also can make out on chainguard the letters GT but cant tell the numbers

knowthejo":da537qkj said:
It was a Raleigh GT250.

If anyone has one, knows of one, or knows about them- please let me know.

I am still riding the GT250 I got new in 1963. The photo posted earlier in this thread is nothing like a GT250. It and the 1963 Gran Sport shared the same frame and differed only in some of the fittings. You are probably familiar with the 1963 Gran Sport and there are plenty of pics out there. (I am not allowed to post proper links at present.)

I have replaced only the saddle, stem, mudguards, and rear rim on my GT250, but still have all the original parts.

If you'd like to know more about the fittings in detail, feel free to ask. I have found it hard to get authentic replacements, but I am new here and you guys surely know better than me where to find such things.

:D Thats fantastic and great to know! Ill private message my email and would love some pics if you have any.

Thanks for the info, really helpful.

Haha, Im in the process of finding out the details of my grandads old raleigh ATM too. Going to build a replica as even back in the 50's he had allready converted it from standard...

This great- we should really start a 'what my granddad rode' thread.

Good luck with the ATM - seems I have found a great support in Rob.

Back