WANTED: GT Zaskar 1996 Frame - 18 or 19" Ink Blue

Zaskar1996inkblue

Retro Newbie
Hi Everyone

I've been scouring the net for places to search for retro mtb frames for what seems like an eternity, and I've found your guys and I think(hope) that you're the guys to point me in the right direction.

I am trying to find an old 1996 GT Zaskar frame in ink blue. Either and 18" or 19" would suit".

Would you know a good place to find one or indeed does anyone have one ??????

I'm absolutely open to any prices

Thanks in advance
Pete

There is a blue one but smaller than you are after I think at 16 inch: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=318924

Nice looking frame tho.

Don't forget when searching there are two mtb areas, pre- and post- 1997, and sometimes the boundaries get blurred to assume nothing and check both out.

Hi

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep checking to see if one appears.

I thought I'd give a little background on why I'm looking for one: I built my dream bike (Years and years ago lol), which was an ink blue zaskar frame and I added a full XTR groupset with Hope Hubs and Mavic downhill rims, Chris King headset and I absolutely loved it!!! However it was a little short lived as on my 2nd ride out, I ended up wrapping myself and the bike round a tree on a downhill course me and a few mates had made in our local woods. I knew the zaskar was bomb proof, but perhaps not tree proof!! See pics!!! OOppps!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4562.JPG
    IMG_4562.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_4564.JPG
    IMG_4564.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 452
Re:

Hi, I have the GT you are looking for, think it is 18" but will have to check on tuesday as it is in my shop. It is a complete bike in good condition ,serviced with rock shocks, mavic, lx and xt parts. It is £270 plus postage. Call me on 01254 233948 (shop) regards Chris.

Latest posts

Back