WANTED: Bits for homage to Kaiser's white stumpjumper

Hi Pickle - those forks look the business :)

I need to ask a stupid question (long time since I built bikes) :oops:

My stumpie frame has yet to arrive so I can't measure it, but it was billed as having a 1" headset. It is a 1992 model I think. Does that mean that only 1" headset/forks etc will fit, or is the internal diameter of the head tube always the same and you can fit either a 1" or 1 1/8" headset and then forks to match? Sort of critical to what forks will fit :)

development_cycle Thank you - if you could let me see some pictures that would be great. And the price you have in mind.

JeRkY Thank you also - some piccies and prices would be great. Sounds like between what you have and what development_cycle has I will be sorted for brakes :)

You'll need a 1" headset, and forks with a 1" steerer. Ahead or threaded depends what type of headset you put in.

My 1989 Stumpjumper originally had a threaded headset, but I changed it for ahead. My 1992 S-Works M2 was 1" threaded.

Thank you - glad I asked!

So, that means I can't have JeRkY's forks whether he has sold them or not.

And I would ideally need to stay threaded to use your forks 'out of the box'.

What price would they be do you think?

Last Exit":2os66aps said:
Thank you - glad I asked!

So, that means I can't have JeRkY's forks whether he has sold them or not.

And I would ideally need to stay threaded to use your forks 'out of the box'.

What price would they be do you think?

Some model pace forks you can swap the steerers on, sadly not the Proclass 2's though.

I have the ControlTech Canti's off of Kaisers Stumpy (he sold me the Paul levers too, but I'm keeping them).

I'm planning to sell them, PM me if you are interested.

Before you go too far down the Pace/Middleburn path, I think it's only fair to show you.....
13531_246284493081_672683081_4455490_705392_n.jpg

And the not altogether unrelated
n672683081_1459727_3585.jpg

And also bear in mind this.http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88326

Good to see Kaiser's stumpy back in business :)

That car though is off the charts! Taste is subjective but to my eye at least that is very hideous. The key to a successful white / chrome / red colour combo is clearly restraint :)

Pickle":1e5tkj6d said:
I have these mint Pro Circuit forks (identical to Manitou) which I'd let go.

They have just been refurbished and are running springs as apposed to the original elastomers.

I used to race for Pro Circuit and can honestly say they are beautiful forks.

Currently running a 1" threaded steerer, but it can be changed (replace the steerer or whole crown).

I was going to build a replica to my old race bike (which was in fact a Stumpjumperer sprayed in Pro Circuit colours) but havent found the time :roll:

img00026_927.jpg

I may well be interested in these for my Stumpy, if they're still available ;)

Back