WANTED: Bits for homage to Kaiser's white stumpjumper

Last Exit

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
After seeing Kaiser's gorgeous build I am creating an homage :cool:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... tumpjumper

I have picked up a frame from ebay and now need the rest. If you have anything you think would look the business on this bike please let me know - I need everything from wheels to mechs. Keen on a red Chris King headset but other than that open to suggestions. I don't have anything to swap I am afraid (my 1992 Rockhopper was nicked) but cash is available :)

Thoughts appreciated,

Fred

Not sure how well they suit your needs but I have been growing a collection of off red (red with slight fade) components which I am not sure if I will ever get to use.

I have Pace RC36 Proclass Eddie Irvine Ltd edition forks, Middleburn hubbed wheel set and a Pace RC45 stem. Oh and some early Hope wheel skewers.

Nothing that featured on Kaisers bike, and in an off red shade, but I thought I'd throw it out there as I wasnt sure how close a rip off *caugh* homage you were aiming for :LOL:

Well it was going to be a complete rip homage until you came along :D

I think if I copy completely I will be permanently banned from here and I don't want that :cry:

And that would also miss the opportunity to create something a little different...

Could you let me see some piccies of the Middleburn hubbed wheel set, the Pace RC45 stem and the Hope wheel skewers? I am interested.

I am not sure about the Eddie Irvines to be honest - I am not sure I can carry them off!! Are your other Pace RC36 Proclass 2s still for sale? I like the look of those :)

I shall dig the pictures out for you tonight. I could also do with reminding my self what I have where... I think the Proclass 2's went but shall have a dig. (my bike bits are stored between a Oxford storage unit, my London flat, my office and the boot of my car ... its quite easy for me to lose track :p )

Crikey :LOL:

Sounds great, thank you. Definitely up for the forks if you still have them. I read through your For Sale thread and it didn't look like they sold...

I have a set of wheels that may or may not suit, they are cetainly not bling but gog standard wheels and tyres off a 1994/5 StumpJumper. 8 speed LX black hubs with Specialized z-21 rims and amber walled Ground Control tyres. Can do pic's at the weekend if interested. Also have some other stuff that may suit but again not bling but from a later vintage of StumpJumper.

I have these mint Pro Circuit forks (identical to Manitou) which I'd let go.

They have just been refurbished and are running springs as apposed to the original elastomers.

I used to race for Pro Circuit and can honestly say they are beautiful forks.

Currently running a 1" threaded steerer, but it can be changed (replace the steerer or whole crown).

I was going to build a replica to my old race bike (which was in fact a Stumpjumperer sprayed in Pro Circuit colours) but havent found the time :roll:

img00026_927.jpg

development_cycle many thanks for your thought.

I kind of had either silver or red hubs in mind, rather than black, but if I change my mind I'll let you know :)

The other stuff you mention - I'll need some brakes and shifters if you have any on your later Stumpie?

I will have some V brakes yes, either STX or LX, both silver and a set of later LX silver shifters too, but I'm undecided whether or not to use these on another bike.

I can also offer a full compliment of XT V's (1 pr 749 1 pr 750) With LX levers.

Back