Wanted - 60cm audax/light touring frame or bike

csmith

Retro Newbie
Hi there,
Am on the hunt for a 80's/90's audax or light touring frame or complete bike.

60cm ctc or a bit larger

want something that can take as many gears as possible so a 130mm or there abouts rear spacing would be cool.

want to use it for training over the winter in preperation for a ride from london to barcelona

have only about £500 as a total budget so would preferrably like a good frame with ok parts that I can gradually upgrade

Cheers

Chris

I am 'considering' selling my Norman Fay as it doesnt get the use it deserves.

The seatpost is well and truly stuck but its short, theres not much within the frame and I do have a spare matching post (Campagnolo)

Full story regarding Norman Fay cycles here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ght=norman

Dimensions are approx 59cm seat tube with a 58cm top tube. Construction is 531 possibly double butted. There are a few small dents but given the age of the frame its in pretty good nick.

I am currently running 21spd triple as if it were a faster angled Galaxy. It is currently sporting Shimano M700 'Deerhead' XT with Suntour Bar-cons with a Shimano MTB touring chainset.

I would like around £250 collected

Attachments

• Norman Fay fast Tourer.jpg
    Norman Fay fast Tourer.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 1,269
  • Norman Fay fast Tourer 2.jpg
    Norman Fay fast Tourer 2.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 1,269
Thanks guys - they are all great options - been chugging a nasty humvee of a bicycle around town for the last month whilst saving up and am salivating at the prospect of on of those frames/bikes

my only issue is that they are all under 60cm ctc and as a 6ft 2incher feel that they might be too small for me.

That said I know bollocks all about frame sizing and could definately do with some pointers.

60cm is only what I have picked up whilst distracting myself from work on various sites/forums

So - bearing in mind that I will be doing some long distances, should I hold out for a larger frame or can I deal with it via seat/bar jiggery pokery?

ta

Chris

Im 6 ft 1 1/2

Inside leg measurement 33 inch ish (for trouser fitting - haven't been measured for a frame)

Back