vuelta airline 4 rims

sensi

Dirt Disciple
hi, does anyone knows those rims? are they any good? i am looking to build set of wheels for my other bike and was wondering is it a good alternative for other well known and expensive brands. i need something strong for a daily commuter so weight is not a crucial issue but durability is and they look so good in yellow!

Attachments

• vuelta.jpg
    vuelta.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 4,924
I built a pair for a mountain bike which are nearly identical. They were solid as a rock. I didn't get time to bed them in so had to do the event on my initial build, but when I went to true them afterwards they hadn't moved at all.

They were common on low-end Treks about 12 years ago and I remember trueing many a pair when they came from the factory...not very light probably about 600g a rim.

i have the same wheels in the same hue of yellow seems to be ok. i've been told that there about 4 years old
cheers dave

sensi":1aupvoyg said:
thanks guys for quick reply, i am very tempted indeed but i just found those

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/RID ... e_road_rim

and as it is for modern bike, for this price i think it will be a no brainer
You should be able to get some Rigida ones in the same profile as that for a lot cheaper. They will be just as strong. Worth looking around because they should be about half that price for NOS.

Cycle Basket is good for db stainless spokes as well. Quite a bit cheaper than elsewhere. Hope that helps :)

i only payed £25 for the pair of rims and they were nos, so not to bad a price to pay.
cheers dave

thanks guys, that has been sorted. now it is a time to start taking some wheel building lessons!

i had a look on you tube there are some really good videos how to lace up wheels, i did this and had good results though i did get my local bike shop to do the last bit of truing as i don't have a jig or a dishing tool.
cheers dave

Back