Vitus 979 Frame & Forks 56cm needs 1 re-bond. £75

Jackytwoshoes

Old School Hero
Aaahhh the lovely Vitus. I've already got one of these, hence this one is for sale. It's in pretty good condition but one of the bonds need re-done between the chainstay and the dropout. Industry experts recommend...... alraldite. It's on a long taper that slides into the chainstay so it's not a case of the bond supporting forces in all directions. Anyway, I'll leave that up to you.

Collection from Glasgow or £10 postage.

2yuzsjd.jpg

3028m6f.jpg

2irmzi9.jpg

33yl7j5.jpg

143jbrd.jpg

I am interested and have sent Dave Yates an email about frame re-bonding...as on his website he says he can do adhesive repairs to frames.....so i'm waiting for his reply.....so depending if [a] if he can actually can do it and if he can, how much will be charging and if the sums add up....ie what you want plus repair fee and postage etc over a frame which does not require re-bonding......but thanks for responding to my earlier question......it is much more polite on this forum rather than on another forum i could mention...but won't!

Jackytwoshoes":1rta2oyb said:
Yup, its Still for sale! The original " purchaser " thought it was free for some reason...

I think that's because you've only mentioned the price in the title and said "Collection from Glasgow or £10 postage." and of course it needs work. I was slightly confused myself by that.

I'm in Glasgow too and if it was my size I'd have been having it for sure . . . . .lovely frame and good price, even if it's not free!

ksvb5368":pvdkablz said:
Jackytwoshoes":pvdkablz said:
Yup, its Still for sale! The original " purchaser " thought it was free for some reason...

I think that's because you've only mentioned the price in the title and said "Collection from Glasgow or £10 postage." and of course it needs work. I was slightly confused myself by that.

I'm in Glasgow too and if it was my size I'd have been having it for sure . . . . .lovely frame and good price, even if it's not free!

If you don't ask...you don't get....worth a try...but as in my above post...it all comes down to safety.....would you trust Araldite? I would trust Dave Yates...the frame is 30+ years old and other joints might come loose shortly [yes i am a pessimist]....so if he said £10 to re-glue the joint.....fine but if he says £50.....frame becomes £125 plus all the postage costs....£10 from Glascow...plus at least £20 to and form DY.....£145....stops being such a good proposition......good value aka a bargain is a movable feast.....so it all depends on DY and the scope for haggling with the frame's owner.

And i agree these are lovely frames and anodised purple does look good,

Latest posts

Back