Viscount Aerospace 600 (Lugless)

danbrad2000

Dirt Disciple
Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows much about these? Ive just got hold of one and cant seem to find much information. Its in pretty good nick!

Thanks!

Attachments

• Photo 03-11-2014 19 08 17.jpg
    Photo 03-11-2014 19 08 17.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 597
I had a Viscount a couple of years ago. Mine was the non-Aerospace model. Goldie on here has an Aerospace and I think it's all-original. Yours looks like it's not completely original - the wheels look wrong, crankset, saddle and rear gearing. Early ones had a cast aluminium fork often referred to as the 'death fork', which yours hasn't got.

Viscount and Lambert were the same company and the bikes were made in England. They were bought up by Yamaha in the late 70's or early 80's around the time of the death fork and the forks were recalled and replaced. Most Viscounts therefore don't have the aluminium fork.

Good bikes. Mine rode very nicely even as a budget model. You'll probably only find info about the Aerospace and I've never found anything about the other models. I've only ever seen two other Viscounts and neither of them were the Aerospace model. One was in London and the other in NYC of all places!

Back