I love this thread and the opinions generated in response to it's content. We stand on the shoulders of those who came before us and yesterdays ideas evolve into todays products.
What is lost is the artistry of design and fabrication generally by the builders themselves in a product that can last longer than a mans lifespan, this is remarkable. I love this thread (and others in the GIGFY series) for selfish reasons, these threads provide me with a reference of more than 100 years of bicycle design, artistry, and history that I use to construct my bikes.
The punchline is these threads make my bikes better.

Thank You All: Mike

I love this thread and the opinions generated in response to it's content. We stand on the shoulders of those who came before us and yesterdays ideas evolve into todays products.
What is lost is the artistry of design and fabrication generally by the builders themselves in a product that can last longer than a mans lifespan, this is remarkable. I love this thread (and others in the GIGFY series) for selfish reasons, these threads provide me with a reference of more than 100 years of bicycle design, artistry, and history that I use to construct my bikes.
The punchline is these threads make my bikes better.

Thank You All: Mike
Thank you for your generous and kind words Mike.

Back