Royal Ramyl randonneur. Another fairly obscure brand. Date unknown. Translation below.

Hello. I took advantage of a day of tidying up in my garage to take some photos of some of my bikes.
Today I'm going to show you a Royal Ramyl, that's what you can see on the leftover stickers because unfortunately the frame plate is missing.
I took it out of the scrap bin a few years ago, there was already scrap on it which explains some dents on the mudguards,
Otherwise it's a pretty nice, it would have been a shame to let it go through the crusher.
royal ramyl 1.jpg royal ramyl 2.jpg royal ramyl 3.jpg royal ramyl 4.jpg royal ramyl 5.jpg royal ramyl 6.jpg royal ramyl 7.jpg royal ramyl 8.jpg royal ramyl 9.jpg royal ramyl 10.jpg

1965 Motobecane FED. Translation below.

Here is one of my latest finds, a Motobecane FED
It has the unusual feature of being almost completely chromed, which seems to have been a specific request from the buyer as I can't find any sign of this option in the catalogues I've scoured here and there.
Unfortunately, the chrome has aged very badly and is peeling all over. The enamelled areas are in excellent condition and the colour has a nice depth.
It has almost everything original apart from that horrible adjustable stem and its associated handlebars:
Huret allvit derailleurs, TA crankset (with blind pedal threads) and its bottom bracket.
650b wheels - Normandy luxe competition hubs on aluminum rims.
The saddle is an ideal 134. This model was unknown to me. The rails are steel but the rear crescent seems to be aluminum.
The aim here is to stop the corrosion and varnish the whole thing to prevent it reappearing as much as possible.

motobecane fed 1965 1.jpg motobecane fed 1965 2.jpg motobecane fed 1965 3.jpg motobecane fed 1965 4.jpg motobecane fed 1965 5.jpg motobecane fed 1965 6.jpg

Back