"Vintage" carbon fiber, circa 1991 Carbonframes On

FirstFlight

Senior Retro Guru
Supposedly one of 8 or so ever made. Elevated stay design with some fairly primitive looking joints. Mostly era-correct Campagnolo components with Wolber tubular tires and rims:thumbsup:

More pictures and details @ http://mombat.org/MOMBAT/Bikes/1991_Carbonframes.html

CarbonFramesSide.JPG

CarbonFramesHead.JPG

CarbonFramesDecal.JPG

trying to remember who made them (some bloke called scott i think)

Not seen one of those before. Interesting to see how they strengthened the joints. Like it.

And... love that saddle.

mikee":3kvs1y8d said:
whats it ride like jeff ?

Since it is mostly new old stock parts and the tubular tires haven't been glued on, it is more wall art than bike. I did ride it around some while taking pictures and there wasn't really anything unusual in the ride. It is pretty easy to figure out why Campagnolo stopped making mountain bike parts though :D

I remember meeting Craig Calfee in'91 at his shop in San Francisco, and he had several frames built, and was on his way to the Tour de France to lookout for his bike in that year's race. Last winter I took a broken Carbon Fiber frame to his business in Santa Cruz, and they made it just like new!

FairfaxPat":279mtssq said:
I remember meeting Craig Calfee in'91 at his shop in San Francisco, and he had several frames built, and was on his way to the Tour de France to lookout for his bike in that year's race. Last winter I took a broken Carbon Fiber frame to his business in Santa Cruz, and they made it just like new!

What is the name of Craig Calfee's business in Santa Cruz?

Thanks
Thunderchild

Back