Vintage 1995 Gary Fisher Grateful Dead Hoo Koo E Koo

Hahaha! Ten times it's original selling price too! Nearly ten thousand dollars for a mid range bike with STX!!!

SteveW":26nb5m4z said:
I've had one of those sat in box for years. I'd be surprised if I got $1000 for it.

I'd be shocked if you couldn't get that if it was NIB.

One of the most memorable paint jobs ever IMO. I'm not even into the Dead but if I come across one in decent shape for a reasonable price it's mine.

Doubt I'd be a buyer at $1000 because I really only want the frame and moderately used is fine by me.... but that's a special bike IMO. Some Dead Head with disposable cash would jump at $1000.

The 17in one I have has been used about a dozen times but it's still like new as it's had clear protection tape on it. It's built up with far better kit than the original... Chris King hubbed wheels etc. I know some retro-obsessives like to keep bikes original but the original kit on the Grateful Dead Hoo was very mediocre, whereas the frame was actually pretty good. I had another 11.5in one for my daughter. I sold it to a friend in Santa Cruz for his daughter. I've never seen one actually sell for big money.

Back