Value advice? 99-ish Dekerf Singlespeed

BenOliver

Retro Newbie
Is it okay to ask for some value advice on here before doing a proper sales post? I've had this Dekerf Singlespeed for 17 years now but middle age and disintegrating discs (lumbar, not brake!) mean it's time to very reluctantly let it go. Trouble is I've NO idea what it's worth. I've been out of the 'scene' for a bit and given its rarity and resonable standard of finishing kit there are no comparables. Plainly it's only worth what someone's prepared to give for it but I'd be very happy to receive some guidance - and if not then Dekerf geeks can just enjoy the pix!

So it's a Singlespeed in Reynolds 725. I believe these were made in small numbers 99-01, before the Solitaire was introduced, so it only has Dekerf badging and no model designation. I've also read elsewhere on the form that a run of 20 each in this chocolate brown and a Land Rover green was done for the UK market. The DEK1621 frame number would seem to tie up with a couple of other UK bikes in one of these two colours.

I believe that frame-only this was £695 new. This one is 17 inches C-C and 19.5in C-T. Spinner fork. Paint still pretty decent but the usual chips/marks consistent with use - most noticeable on top tube and driveside chain stay - have tried to photograph.

Other kit:

Surly 1x1 hubs, Mavic X517 rims, Tioga Factory XC tyres

Raceface Prodigy DH crank, Goldtec chainring, KMC chain, generic pedals. Haven't calculated the gearing but it's set up for pedalling up and coasting down!

XT brakes, XTR levers

Thomson Elite stem, Raceface Air Alloy risers, Truvativ XR seatpost

Thoughts welcome and thanks in advance!

IMG_7657.JPG

You’ll need to start or move your thread to here

Latest posts

Back