V-Brakes - Something different.

OrangeRetro

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm looking for ideas for a new build.

I want to put V-Brakes on my single speed Kona but want something different to shimano or avid. I don't want to spend a fortune though.

Does any one have any ideas. Something trick, maybe machined, but still functional - they still have to work! :D

Proshift are nice , work well , and dont seem to go at a very high price compared to others .

ok, so they're avid's but arch rivals give a unique look and fearsome stopping power. also child's play to adjust

If your feeling flush then the KCNC are blinding looking and very light , not sure how they run but i'd love a pair

http://www.light-bikes.de/eng/2007/05/05/kcnc-v-brakes/

brake1-1.jpg

lever1.jpg
:cool:

KCNC and Pauls are probably a bit on the expensive side.
The proshift look good.. how much do they usually fetch?

You don't seem to see many avid arch rivals around, although I do like them. I wouldn't mind a set of avid ultimates, but again big money. :?

Hmm.. I think I might have to up my budget or lower my expectations.. trick and machined doesn't come cheap! :(

Might look about for something tatty and get them re-anodised :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
They kinda look cool, I can't quite make them out though. Could do with a bigger picture ;) .. good price though!

Nice! :D And all for around £35.. definetly worth considering!

One option that i have been thinking about is getting some tatty xtr m950's, stripping them down and anodising them in a tasty green, or red. :D

One problem though.. I've got a feeling that the parallel bits are riveted together which would foil my plan.. :? Anyone know how they are put together?

Back