V brake & disc combo, who’s uses this?

simdagger":ww2r1ahl said:
You know when you picture Anne Widdecombe in a bath of cold baked beans . . .
:shock: That's call the men in white coats material right there . . . on its own, without what followed. "when you picture"!! :shock: Not "if" but "when"!! :shock: Who - in the name of all that's good, true and beautiful - does THIS?

Disc front/cant/v rear has been on the go since at least the C2 era if not before. In fact I think you'll likely find with the introduction of the Hope cable brakes that set up would be normal. It couldnt have been unusual as pretty muich no frame had a disc mount so that WAS the only option for many riders. About '99 I was using a hope c2 front on the bomber with an xt V on the green C16r frame, before getting a No2 rear.

I think catalog bikes still use this set up.

Raleigh RSP350 with a Dia-Tech cable front brake and Dia-Compe rear v-brake

file.php

Dont ask... yes, it was mine for about 20 minutes. A hoot to ride though

file.php

CassidyAce":1zenv41u said:
simdagger":1zenv41u said:
You know when you picture Anne Widdecombe in a bath of cold baked beans . . .
:shock: That's call the men in white coats material right there . . . on its own, without what followed. "when you picture"!! :shock: Not "if" but "when"!! :shock: Who - in the name of all that's good, true and beautiful - does THIS?

Exactly that bike was that ugly!

Although for the required effect i should have started it off with " you see that man over there picturing Anne..." "that's your bike that is"

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 58
The ex ran a half disc set up for about 10 years, Most of the time it was XTR V levers and a XTR V back/BB7 front combo.
Last couple of years i switched to an XT Hydro on the front.

She managed a few podium spots with it, so it didn't slow her down much....... maybe not the best phrasing, but you know what i mean!

Back