USE bar-ends

Toon

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

My name is Toon and I'm from Belgium.
I have found this forum just a few days ago :oops: and didn't stop drooling with all these nice parts and bikes.

I was hoping to get some info about the USE bar-ends. They can't be installed like other normal ones but have to be tightened inside the handlebar.

Are there any special handlebars that I have to use for these bar ends or do I have to drill a hole in my sycros handlebar?

Thank you,
Toon

pbpic675878.jpg

they came as part of a u.s.e. bar and handle combo when new........you could drill a different bar to use them but i would be carefull,the u.s.e. bar would be specifically tapered to strengthen the drilled area which wouldnt be the case with a syncros...how heavy are you and what use would you put it to?....any bar faliure could leave you in trouble!!!.......welcome to retrobike..... :cool:

I weight 75kg and am a smooth rider. I wanted to put them on a '93 Merlin Ti that I'm building up. I think I will go for a normal pair of bar-ends if I don't find such a USE handlebar (because if my girlfriend will read your post ...)
Thank you for the information and for welcoming me.

i also have some.i drilled my zoom 170 bars and had no issues at all,im kinda smooth but weight more than a stick lol

my advice would be to take your time marking out the centres and be carful drilling.i only drilled enough for the bar end and enough for the 4mm allen key.

you could always wait for some use bars or buy some nice bars to drill if your unsure about drilling a mint set

and welcome :D

thank you for the advice. Is there a picture of them (installed) somewhere on the forum?

It's likely but they will be part of a build.....try a search.....possibly a catalogue scan in the relevant section too!.....photos of the Merlin required too!.... ;)

This is the only photo I have at the moment:

DSCN1302.jpg

You could possibly fix USE bar ends to other bars but as has been said before - need to be very careful with drilling holes............... ;)

Back