Unofficial retrobike allotment thread....

Re:

There's nothing like the delight of unearthing a rich seam of nice shiny red skinned potatoes, boiling them on a camping stove and serving them with butter.

Re:

We have purple French Beans cropping. I was really surprised to find out they are green inside. We are starting to have a glut of courgettes, need to find some tasty dishes to shift of them.

Re: Re:

REKIBorter":2g8xn2uh said:
We have purple French Beans cropping. I was really surprised to find out they are green inside. We are starting to have a glut of courgettes, need to find some tasty dishes to shift of them.

May I suggest courgette suprise!

Been away for a while, sounds like you are all having fun :D

Lumos - what did the first meal consist of?

The spuds this year have been outstanding, so soft and creamy. And now the entire site has blight :facepalm: Been given loads of advice. Tops are already pretty much dead so they are all being cut back this week. Radishes have been outrageous this year, fiercely strong, almost chilli like in intensity.

Broad beans have been deligntful, the wife is now a convert.

2nd plot is 'under cultivation' and has a shed, so that makes 3 in total :cool: The kids have dibsed it and have already moved their gear in.

Photos to follow when I can find my card reader. Really need an eyefi card and NAS drive....

courgette, red onion, new potatos and a small pumpkin with steak all cooked very lightly in butter and herbs from the garden :)

new bed ready, what to plant? and the twins :)

Attachments

• IMAG0164.jpg
    IMAG0164.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 735
  • IMAG0630.jpg
    IMAG0630.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 731
Back