Unknown GT in Guatemala!

with the RM-20's above a Karakoram I'd say a K2 or Elite.

forgive my ignorance but a GT K2 or GT Elite? I've never heard of these models! anyone have a catalogue from way back i think the earliest on the site is a 1990 one!

spiralsmile":2l69xlw1 said:
with the RM-20's above a Karakoram I'd say a K2 or Elite.

forgive my ignorance but a GT K2 or GT Elite? I've never heard of these models! anyone have a catalogue from way back i think the earliest on the site is a 1990 one!

GT also had Both Karakoram Elite and Karakoram K2 models in their line through 1992. Upto 92 it was a slight upspec from the usual straight LX group that GT spec'd on the Karakoram. Before Suntour bailed out one or the other were usually a Suntour Spec. I have an 89 Karakoram K2 that's Suntour and Dia Compe spec.

I'd say the frame is a '91 Karakoram or Tequesta but with '90 forks..?
The internal top tube cable entry/exit points differ from the K2 and Elite in that they appear to extend from the frame, and doesn't have Ritchey Vantage rims which they both came with. Could well be a jumble of parts just to mess with the head.

What's on it for cranks, front brake and hubs? 6 speed or seven in the rear? I'm guessing seven due to what appears to be a more modern Alivio shifter/brake lever. First four of the serial number are what?(Located on the bottom bracket). Also is you pull the fork it's likely that the fork is stamped on the steer tube as to what model it is.

I'm afraid i left the hostel 2 days ago so those pictures were all i had!

as was said earlier its probably best left as a holiday romance!!!

Cheers for all the knowledge!

tony

Back