Ugly San Andreas

I've sent the shock for a rebuild with new bits.

Once its back I'll fit it and then take it to my LBS for the rest of the work to be done, I lack the tools, time and knowledge.
Let the spending commence !

The bike is now in my living room minus the rear shock looking in a rather odd sorry state.

£90 to rebuild the shock which is more than I thought it would be and it wont be finished until the end of the week :-(

I'm sure I'll be set right if my information is incorrect but isn't a standard rear shock overhaul at TF Tuned 95GBP? That's where I'd be going.

valve bouncer":gowgtjpb said:
I'm sure I'll be set right if my information is incorrect but isn't a standard rear shock overhaul at TF Tuned 95GBP? That's where I'd be going.

Its gone to Rebound Suspension, 90GBP.
Which was still more than I thought but I didn't want to buy a used one and then have to have it serviced and I didn't want to buy a new shock for an old banger.

Got my shock back and its now fitted :)
It feels great, ended up costing me £99 though.
Still need to get the bearings done this week then I hope I've finished spending.

Will put some new pictures up later.

Always loved the San Andreas. Was between that and the FSR for my first FS bike. Got a video somewhere of Shaums March destroying one doing some evil jump.

Gazzalodi":2945fliy said:
Always loved the San Andreas. Was between that and the FSR for my first FS bike. Got a video somewhere of Shaums March destroying one doing some evil jump.
Is that the one where he snapped his cranks off?

Man that video is a blast from the past, was that Chainsmoke 2? Thanks for finding that one. That guy had skills. Remember watching him at the 2002 Sea Otter Jam and other local events.

Cool bike. I like the black a lot.

yeti_bomb":3oqvawyc said:
Man that video is a blast from the past, was that Chainsmoke 2? Thanks for finding that one. That guy had skills. Remember watching him at the 2002 Sea Otter Jam and other local events.

Cool bike. I like the black a lot.

I've got no idea where the clip is from, I found it when I was trawling for info, same as how I found RetroBike :)

Being honest I hadn't even heard of a San An until I spotted this one for sale outside a bike shop.
I had it up for sale not long ago but now it needs a bit of work doing.

Back