the beaver":m1g3rsvr said:
delerium":m1g3rsvr said:
are those handlebar grips for sale.
the porcipaws?
they can be if they come off ok.
how much are they worth!?

ill give you £5 if they come off ok.
Awesome I'll try and get them off tomo and will let you know,
I remember that they used to wear out like noones business just like the Fred salmon ones!

Just a note to the crank buyer, you should take the rings off (it's a lock ring and you'll have the tool as it's the same as the bottom bracket tool.)
Rotate it so they are in-line (just in-case you didn't know or hadn't noticed) that is the chain drop stop is behind the crank, the middle ring will then also be correct and the granny could do with another rotation around so its notch is then lined up.
Sorry just something that niggles me ;) Plus the shifting ramps will be correct position during the pedal phase.

I did think the rings were on the wrong way, why would removing them need a bottom bracket tool? I've not Had a set of these before, so not sure what you mean by a lockring.

Thanks for the help fluffy!
B

baca01":1ki3oltw said:
I did think the rings were on the wrong way, why would removing them need a bottom bracket tool? I've not Had a set of these before, so not sure what you mean by a lockring.

Thanks for the help fluffy!
B

The tool you need for the bottom bracket is not the normal 'splined' one. You'll need something like
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=74221 or http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=74219

That also allows you to take a ring sat behind the crank off. It holds outer spider/ring on.

Shimano XTR M952 170mm 22-32-44 Crankset w M952 116mm Octalink BB 02 by erikkellison, on Flickr

Either way, you are going to need that tool.
It's the same tool that is used for the lock-rings that hold the spiders of middleburn and also XT/LX/STX of the late 90's and early 00's on.

Hope that helps and on with the sale thread :oops:

Latest posts

Back