U brake mounts - magura

Macscheen

Retro Newbie
Please advise which adapter/model of magura I need to fit a pair to a friends old Zaskar that normally uses a U brake.

Many thanks,

Macscheen

If 07 Maguras then they wont fit. As the boss on U brake are fatter than canti/V. You will have to file them out a bit to fitt. I tried 07's on My U brake and couldn't get to fitt. Unless i filed them.

He hasn't bought any yet. I suggested it over a few beers last night so thought I would ask the question on here and then buy a set according to advice given.

Do the older ones fit do you know?

Well BITD 92 yes they did fit. Don't know when they changed the design to fit only canti's. Sorry not much help. If he can unscrew the boss then that anther option. The only option kits i found for 07's was an elbow that screwed to the bottom of the body of the that then rested against the frame, but still only for canti. Their is a Magura fan site which may know. the link to this site is in a post on retrobike site.

Late nineties HS33's will work if you turn the mounts upside down. I have tried this with success. Not sure if the new design works...actually it won't due to the integral booster they use.

Back