Tyre Logo's

WD Pro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Some recent comments on the Charge Splashback's excellent looking decals triggered me to ask a question I have been thinking about for a while now ...

Has anyone managed to successfully and permanently remove (i.e. not hide with a sharpie) tyre logos ?

I am quite liking the Conti range of tyres at the moment but the logos are large and not often applied neatly - I would much rather have a blank tyre wall (even on non retro stuff).

So far I have tried non acetone nail polish remover and all I found with this was that the conti logos are actually a large square coloured area that then has black printed onto it to form the text. The remover only removes the black and leaves the coloured area in place ... :-(

Now I know it's there, if you look very closely you can see the outline of the coloured area under the thin layer of black. I am pretty sure the Michelin tubs on my road bike are manufactured the same way so maybe this is common practice ?

So any ideas ? Lets get experimenting ... :LOL:

WD :D

Re:

I did this some years ago on some gum or skin wall tyres. They were a new brand that I liked but didn't go with the rest of a 1981 bmx build.

I carefully used wet and dry and then tried to clean the area up with meths. It wasn't brilliant but it did the job

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion :D

Not sure that's going to work for me though ... :-( The tyres I want to remove the logos from are a Continental tyre with the textured checkered flag type sidewall ... :-(

Any other ideas out there ? :)

WD :)

WD Pro":32eyu1fy said:
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion :D

Not sure that's going to work for me though ... :-( The tyres I want to remove the logos from are a Continental tyre with the textured checkered flag type sidewall ... :-(

Any other ideas out there ? :)

WD :)

I wasn't saying it was a good suggestion but that's the best way I found as I struggled as well, plus mine was only a small logo

Back