Types of bearing removal tools

dan28

Senior Retro Guru
What kind of tool is needed to remove these bearings
I was looking at the type that have two hooks but I don't think it will fit as the bearing is small

Attachments

• 20240531_211408.jpg
    20240531_211408.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 27
I ve tried heating it an knocking it out with a copper drift but it's in there tight so it's time to.buy a tool

looks a bit of a strange one, a pivot bearimng tool is what you need but it looks really deep so even with a proper tool you may have to cobble something together because of the depth. i have the Enduro bearing pivot tools which i do think are very good and you get more for your money with that kit compared to the Park Tool kit. that said i think you'd need an extention tube for the bearing to slide in to as it comes out but that would also mean a longer bolt to accomodate the tube.

this is the one i have, you can buy the individual sized pullers though, then just use a long nit and bolt to save you buying the press

a plan is coming together
i m thinking steel tube an washer that fits over the bearing
threaded bar through the washer an a nut on each end an tighten it
but it needs something that will go through the bearing an expand an suggestions?
i m thinking maybe a ground anchor

Yes needle roller
It's in gt ruckus 1.0 similar to gt dhi
There is a bearing either end of the tube so you need to go through the hole in the bearing to access it

Latest posts

Back