TVT Carbon

Mapturner

Dirt Disciple
Here is a picture of my new bike on a bright ,sunny day in Auckland.

Attachments

• 0081.jpg
    0081.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 478
Nice but something is missing! Could be the all black tyres or the missing decals.

Wished it was sunny here mate.

Re:

Hello- so you are saying it needs a little something extra like tan wall tyres and some decals? I just bought this bike on a whim and have no idea what it would of been branded as - it says tvt on the drop outs and underneath are the following number - B7 on one side and B57G75 on the other ,if anyone could throw any light on this would be good..

juice":11tz98v9 said:
I love this stealth/tecno look of your bike. Makes me think of Mad Max.
The Delta's could be the 'Super Chargers' :LOL:

Been a while Since I last clapped eyes on my friends TVT but I'm sure it has LOOK decals on it,
these are red & silver and looks lovely, his bike has flashy tyres on it! red sidewalls with black tread.

I am riding on continental gp4000 tyres - i have them on everything and is my favourite tyre. Which ones do you use ?

Mapturner":jwgyzdq3 said:
Which ones do you use ?
Every bike I own have all different types of tyres but are all tanwall :facepalm:

I use:

Best bikes:
'Veloflex Record' open tubulars.
'Challenge Forte' open tubulars.
'Vittoria Corsa' open tubulars.

Everyday bikes:
Michelin Classic Dynamic.

I had some veloflex clinchers on my team raleigh - they looked and rode great but as i use it a lot they didn't last long - they also had latex innertubes fitted by the previous owner which i am sure made the ride much more...well something but could definatly feel a difference..

With out much more detailed close up photos of the frame I would defiantly say its a TVT & not a LOOK TVT see the difference between the seat lugs in the two links below.
The way the seat stays are fitted to the seat lug is completely different between the two bikes. The Look version has the seat stays glued into the lug but the TVT has them bolted onto the seat lug.
NB I will be putting much more detailed photos of my entire bike collection (31 Bikes) on the web in the next couple of weeks.
The dropouts on the Look Version 1986 & 1987 had LOOK engraved on the rear Dropouts where as the TVT version has no engraving on them. (well my 3 don't)
Both frames had TVT embossed into both chain stays. If the seat lug & the head lugs have TVT engraved on them as well then it’s the HM version (20% stiffer) without the engraved lugs then it’s the HR standard version.

Re the frame numbering this is all I can find out about them at the moment.
“This frame's serial numbers are B53G06 and K6 on the other side. According to what that LOOK rep told you, this would have been the 6th frame ever produced on line G.
So it is a 53 cm frame production line G frame number 6 built in November 1986
the K = November is the month built and the 6 = the year 1986”

So your frame number says “B7 on one side and B57G75”

So yours appears to be a 57 cm frame built on production line G & was the 75th frame produced in February 87.
So if you do decide to fit decals then it’s the TVT HR version.
Just hope all of this is some help to you

viewtopic.php?t=235545&start=0

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=203580

Latest posts

Back