Trying to upgrade/sell 94 lava dome

ruffboy

Retro Newbie
Hi all newbie here, I have a 94 lava dome which I'm trying to sell to buy a newer bike with suspension forks, I had it on ebay but it didn't make my reserve, failing selling it maybe I could put some suspension forks on it, any one got any suggestions please.

Thanks Russ

Pace RC35's seem the best choice - well made, lightish, and parts readily available from justbackdated on this forum.

Yeah my bikes back on ebay, if anyone wants to swap (with extra cash from me) for a newer front suspension disc brake bike give me a shout , thanks Little Bob for the info on the forks I will look into those, I cant seem to see where to actually buy them tho.

cheers Russ

Welcome to the forum Russ, take a look in the ebay section for the frame size discussion on your 94 lavadome! Trevor.

Putting some more effort in to your auction listing wouldn't hurt. Although i'd say the original auction price wasn't far from it's value.

ruffboy":mqogv8bj said:
Sorry tallpaul I'm not with you what auction price are you on about ? What this about more effort ?
I would agree with Paul. £167 isn't far out - if you think it's worth more, then I would suggest around six photos, showing the parts and the condition of the frame in more detail, plus a run down of what parts it has on it and their condition.

There was a silly auction recently in which a 1996 Lava Dome went for £400, but that was in the sought-after burnt orange optional colour plus it had sensibly (and recently) upgraded drivetrain, brakes and wheels, so there was a lot of inherent value in there. Most eBay bikes have almost worn-out kit, so anybody buying to commute (which is what a lot of P2 Konas are bought for I believe) would have to spend more before long to keep the bike on the road and have to factor that into their max bid. Even so £400 was at least £100 OTT, but auctions do go like that sometimes.

Oh and BTW, it's a size 19!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi Anthony thanks for the info, I can see where your coming from, how much info can you give on a bike ? It still has the original front tyre and the back has just been replaced . It has been used to get me to lifeboat shouts really. I have put about the gearing being LX. The bike is actually in really good condition. Surely if someone wants a 94 lava dome they know about it eh ?

Again thanks for your guidance Russ

P.S. I wish you guys would make your bloody minds up about frame sizes !!!

Back