Trying to find a Fuquay frame...

pushbikerider

Dirt Disciple
Hi Folks,

I was catching up with a mate of mine at the weekend - and the subject of his old Fuquay MTB frame came up so I thought I'd post and see if anyone has seen it recently.

It was one of Greg's early UK frames and was fillet brazed rather than welded so had nice smooth Cannondale like joints. Painted dark green it was paired with red Fuquay forks and matching one piece red Fuquay stem and bars, size would have been about 18".

It was bought off him by someone in the Baisingstoke area around '94/'95...

Any sightings?

Cheers...

good question - we have 2 or 3 Fuquays here, but none to my knowledge fit those criteria. Mine for example is green, but has normal welds and is quite a large frame.

good luck with your search though.

spa0480mv3.jpg

A friend of mine still lives in Ipswich near to where Greg made his frames. His neighbour was tidying up his loft and found a Fuquay frame lurking up there and so gave it to him. Result!

Blimey Orange - that's some frame you've got there!

I've got a Judy yellow Ritchey Logic tubed Fuquay frame which he spotted that sparked the conversation off (posted on here before with the Lawwill Leader forks).

mtbfix":qj8bnp37 said:
A friend of mine still lives in Ipswich near to where Greg made his frames. His neighbour was tidying up his loft and found a Fuquay frame lurking up there and so gave it to him. Result!

Result indeed! Lucky barsteward! :LOL:

Here's mine, it does get used quite a bit (Umma Gummas are replaced with more modern tyres for 'proper' riding!).....complete with original custom stem and forks :D

DSC01013.jpg

Cheers
Stu

stu":2wuhgd5i said:
Here's mine, it does get used quite a bit (Umma Gummas are replaced with more modern tyres for 'proper' riding!).....complete with original custom stem and forks :D

DSC01013.jpg

Cheers
Stu

That is a lovely looking bike ;)

Glad someone else remembers these!

Sorry, can't help locate yours, but that green one^^^ reminds me of my Fuquay CMR with Gun-metal grey fade into racing green (top/bottom).

It's been ages since I thought about my old Fuquay. Which was repainted by Argos in Bristol. They even made new matching transfers.

The Chainstay cracked, and the head tube ovalised. had it repaired but it went again and I sold it :( bah

Chris

Back