Trimble refresh

It's often said that a project bike is never finished, but now that the seatpost has been ceramic coated black I can confidently say that because my Trimble now looks exactly as it did when first built in January '92, it is finished. Done. No more changes.

All I've really done is give it a deep clean and try to bring the shiny bits back to an OE finish. I completely admire the mirror finish that some owners achieve on crank arms and the like, but it's not for me. I'd be too scared to ride a bike like that. So the paint chips remain and the rock-strike scratches on the rear mech, pedals and crank arms are still there.

And it will be ridden. Not on anything serious, but we have plenty of slate quarries around here and a nice piece of forestry just 5 miles away. But annoyingly, following a bit of knee surgery all I can do is look at it for another month or so.... arrghhhhhhhhh!!!!!

DSC00112_optimized_4500.jpg DSC00095_optimized_4500.jpg
DSC00105_optimized_4500.jpg
DSC00114_optimized_4500.jpg
DSC00098_optimized_4500.jpg DSC00100_optimized_4500.jpg

Dug out the original correspondence with the dealer. The stripey Team paintjobs were fairly uncommon on what was/is a fairly uncommon bike and as you can see they came in several variations. I specified mine in yellow to orange fade to resemble a tiger. The letter claims it's the only Trimble with stripes on the inside of the chainstays. How true this is I have no idea.
DSCF2436_4000.jpg

That's amazing you've had it all that time, it looks amazing too! 😍 :cool:

I remember lining up against riders on these bikes at the start line of races in the early 90s, they looked so futuristic vs. my steel steed!

That's amazing you've had it all that time, it looks amazing too! 😍 :cool:

I remember lining up against riders on these bikes at the start line of races in the early 90s, they looked so futuristic vs. my steel steed!
Thank you.

I've had a few offers for it down the years, including an enquiry just the other day from a member on this site, but I've never been able to bring myself to sell it. I just know I'd regret it straight away.

Latest posts

Back