Train Stations are Retrobike Spotters heaven

biggins

Retro Guru
On the odd occasion I use the trains I find stations a great place to spot retro bikes. London Bridge this morning there was a 1990 pink Saracen Tufftrax - I'm sure there were more but I had fallen asleep on the train and only woke up as it pulled into London Bridge, so wasn't really with it as I walked past the bikes.

In Preston staion last year saw a Raleigh Banana and and old puss green Montage.

Always wish I had my camera with me when I'm there

Most are work hacks assumed worthless by an appathetic owner.....I too have spotted some gems there..... ;)

Agreed, several times I've spotted a bike I remember from BITD, lots of BSO dross too! I guess most of the time we're in a hurry so don't have time to stop to look?
Passing through Bristol Temple Meads last summer saw a couple of interesting looking bikes in this lot, didn't have enough time check them all out though!
Now where did I leave my bike this morning :?:.

Attachments

• Bristol Temple Meads Bike Park 2.jpg
    Bristol Temple Meads Bike Park 2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,417
  • Bristol Temple Meads Bike Park 1.jpg
    Bristol Temple Meads Bike Park 1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 1,417
University towns with big train stations are especially good. I've seen students plodding around town with real gems beneath them that they don't appreciate such as a kirk precision I seen recently or several M series Dales :cool:

agreed. i always enjoy a good nosey poke around the bike racks, although i always look suspicious while doing it :p
saw my stolen bike at Brighton train station once. wish i had my bike lock. would have locked it up there and then!!

velomaniac":3u9kfopz said:
University towns with big train stations are especially good. I've seen students plodding around town with real gems beneath them that they don't appreciate such as a kirk precision I seen recently or several M series Dales :cool:

Yeah, I always have a nosy round the bike racks when I'm walking around university. Think some of it's that a lot of the kids that turn up here are from rich backgrounds, dad just gives them that old Pinnarello out of the garage to bash around on.

@defender,
I use that spot every day. If ever there was a sight that said " WE NEED MORE ANCHOR POINTS! " it's that one.
As to the thread, it's a retro heaven. Among the dross though there are usually fabulous old road bikes whom owners know won't get nicked because of their scrote-repelling drop handlebars....gotta love them no-brainer, thieving crack heads.

Back